Monday, July 30, 2018

#Repost @timber.no ・・・ 2017 - portrait of Arden - top ten ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ My final top ten image for 2017.. I hope you all have enjoyed them! When I took this photo in February I knew it would be one of my favorites of the year. Everything about this image is exactly what I normally don’t do.. shooting in bright sunlight, using harsh shadows, bold colors, no pointe shoes... and I love it. I love the reflected light on her skin, the angle of her face turning away, her red skirt blowing in the tropical breeze. 70 miles from Key West and 90 from Cuba this image blurs the line of ballet and fashion. It is portraiture, ballet, fashion, art.. Arden is creative and so much fun to work with. From shopping for wardrobe, to planning insanely perfect locations.. From Midwestern small towns, to Manhattan studios, to Key West sunsets.. where will it be next? Over the last year and a half she has continually inspired my art. To go big on my shoots, to make things happen, to be creative.. Thank you Arden and Jennifer for being such amazing people. You truly are a blessing. 🐓🌴 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ *For my top ten this year there is no order. I have far too many images that I love. Choosing a number one would be an impossible task. This year I have decided to look through my images and choose ten that make me love what I do. Ten images that remind me how blessed I am to photograph the amazing people I create art with. Ten images that move and inspire me. Images that I wouldn’t change a thing about. Moments I relive in my head, light I strive to replicate.. Many of these images are very simple. I love them for all of the little details. I believe they are perfect examples of the style and beauty I try to create with ballet and portraiture. I hope you enjoy them as well. 🙏🏼 #dancephotography


No comments: