Thursday, July 26, 2018

#innerstrength #Repost @brookeshaden ・・・ “The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson ☔ In so much of what we do we think about how to protect ourselves - physically, professionally, emotionally. Like Icarus, we shouldn't fly too high. With our money, time, investments, we shouldn't push too far in case we lose it all. Our fear of going deeper into ourselves stems from what we might pull out; it is easier not to know. ☔ I've often been accused of being reckless. If there is a path, I will surely deviate. If I can dream up a business idea, I do it despite consequences because I know that the best businesses run on dreams. If I want to create in any way that feels authentic, I do it despite the consequences because I know that art runs on dreams. Life runs on dreams. If we always push them away they will stop coming. What develops instead of dreams is an umbrella of protection. We forget what it feels like to get ourselves dirty. ☔ We forget that Risk is both Danger and Opportunity. ☔ Remember to be bold today. Be so bold you catch lightning in your spine.


No comments: