Sunday, July 22, 2018

On Gaga, Graham and the brain #Repost @swannotes The eerie whimsy right before @batshevadancecompany Young Ensemble took the stage @thejoycetheater last night for “Naharin’s Virus”. My first time seeing the language of Gaga and I was struck at how much it reminded me of my research years when I used to ghostwrite for a senior psychologist @psych_today. As Batsheva dancers move, they evoke the mysterious landscape of the brain as part of the nervous system—from nerve synapses and neurotransmitters to behaviors we are born with (versus behaviors we learn). Just as @marthagrahamdance explores the invisible realm of archetypes with such vivid command, @batshevadancecompany ‘s domain is complete mastery of the brain in all its reflexive splendor. And I absolutely loved it. 👤👀👤 #nyc #dance #moderndance #contemporarydance #dancelanguage #dancevocabulary #art #choreography #batshevadancecompany #stage #blackandwhite #psychology #brain #cognition #behavior #gestures #movement #nervoussystem #manhattan #israel #sowelldone #reflexarc #sensory #motion #theater #lightandshade #naharinsvirus #gaga #gagadance @nytimes


No comments: