Monday, March 12, 2018

So worth the read. Shaden is a #hero. Repost @brookeshaden : My loves, I am in the middle of an experience that is changing me. I'm on the island of Lesvos teaching self expression to refugees. This is my first time in an active crisis zone. I feel all at once the sorrow, the raw energy, the joy at expressing, the difficulty of showing vulnerability. It is so hard. We've met people from Afghanistan, Syria, Somalia, West Sahara, Morocco, and more. There are too many languages and not enough translators, too much pain and not enough healing, too much need and not enough help. This image is the perfect metaphor for my experience, and I think for the experience of many here. I'll update more when I can, but know this - the art we're making is helping, it is really being felt, and that alone fills my heart.


No comments: