Saturday, February 17, 2018

Repost from @brookeshaden using @RepostRegramApp - These images come from a time of experimentation. How do you know you don't like something? Try it. Period. Otherwise we: Do. Not. Know. ⭐ For me, the thing I needed to try was fashion. I was never interested in fashion, didn't like how the models so often look so similar in their beauty conventions. If you don't like something, change it. I didn't manage to do that here, and I was always ashamed of how I, too, fell into the conventions of the craft. I was too afraid to do anything that would be rejected by the editors I was working with (these were all commissioned, from Bullett Magazine and Italian Vogue). (And isn't that just he problem. Sigh.) ⭐ In the end, my passion is not with fashion photography. But, I tried it. Here are some of the results, all from 6 years ago. And, I don't plan on trying it again. After 3 attempts, I'll leave it to those who do have the passion, who might explore fashion photography in a way that breaks stereotypes and can elevate it to a new height. ⭐ In the meantime, I'll be photographing myself wherever/however and wearing whatever I like. And I'll always be reminded of how nice it is not to have a stylist on set yelling at me to stop asking the model to lay in the sewage.


No comments: